Golden Gates Lodge, LedburyCottage in Herefordshire
Golden Gates Lodge is two beautifully presented gate cottages on the edge of the Eastnor Castle Estate.
Golden Gates Lodge
- Cot Available
- Enclosed Garden
- Log Burner
Eastnor Castle Estate is an impressive Estate just outside Ledbury. Golden Gates Lodge lies within the Deer Park and provides door step access to the footpaths taking you onto the Malvern Hills.
The Estate is ideally situated at the foot of the Malvern Hills and within easy access to the Cathedral Cities of Worcester and Hereford.
Whilst you are staying at Golden Gates Lodge you receive complimentary access to the castle and grounds, during the times when it is open to the public.
The cottages at Eastnor have been very thoughtfully furnished and equipped and so have been awarded 4* by Visit England.
Golden Gates Lodge comprises of two single storey listed buildings separated by a black and gold wrought iron gate:
- Sitting Room - Charming sitting room with freeview TV/DVD, wood burner, sofa and arm chair.
- Kitchen - Fully equipped with electric oven, ceramic hob, dishwasher, fridge freezer, washing machine and microwave and dining table for 4 people.
- Double Bedroom - Super King 'zip n link' bed.
- Ensuite Bathroom - with WC, basin and shower cubicle
- Double Bedroom - with double bed
- Bathroom - separate WC and shower room
From the smaller lodge you can access the steps down to a terrace where there are tables and chairs allowing you to enjoy the stunning views of the parkland and lakes.
Nearby Points of Interest
Eastnor Castle is obviously a must do while staying at the Golden Gates Lodge and your admission is complimentary. However please note that at certain times of the year the castle is not open to the public.
Ledbury is 4 miles away from Eastnor and here you can enjoy a number of restaurants, pubs and art and crafts shops.
The interesting Cathedral Cities of Worcester and Hereford are nearby and provide many facilities and tourist attractions.
Hereford is famous for its beautiful black and white villages, there are a number of driving routes designed to help you explore these which are easily accessed from Eastnor Castle Estate.
Within half an hour drive further places of interest such as Tewkesbury Abbey, Cheltenham, the Cotswolds and the Forest of Dean can be found.
The proximity of the cottage to the Malvern Hills makes exploring the many footpaths bridle and cycle ways very easy.
Golden Gates is a dog friendly property but we request that dogs are kept in the kitchen and sitting room only.
Water is supplied from a private bore hole on the Estate.
Cots, cot linen and highchairs can be provided free of charge on request.
A guide for each property is supplied once the booking has been paid for in full.
Irons, ironing boards, tea, coffee, sugar and a hairdryer are provided.
We provide a weekly maid service on changeover day or for longer says around the middle of your holiday. However we do ask for all washing up to be completed and for the property to be left in a clean and tidy manner.
A telephone is provided in Golden Gates Lodge as the mobile phone signal is very limited.
All linen, towels and logs are included in the price.
Minimum stay of 7 nights during peak season.
Discounts are available for the use of just one lodge.
Changeover day: Friday
- 04 Jan 2013 - 08 Feb 2013 £495 Minimum stay 3 nights
- 08 Feb 2013 - 22 Feb 2013 £607 Minimum stay 3 nights
- 22 Feb 2013 - 08 Mar 2013 £495 Minimum stay 3 nights
- 08 Mar 2013 - 29 Mar 2013 £607 Minimum stay 3 nights
- 29 Mar 2013 - 12 Apr 2013 £724 Minimum stay 3 nights
- 12 Apr 2013 - 24 May 2013 £607 Minimum stay 3 nights
- 24 May 2013 - 05 Jul 2013 £724 Minimum stay 3 nights
- 05 Jul 2013 - 30 Aug 2013 £785 Minimum stay 7 nights
- 30 Aug 2013 - 27 Sep 2013 £724 Minimum stay 3 nights
- 27 Sep 2013 - 18 Oct 2013 £607 Minimum stay 3 nights
- 18 Oct 2013 - 25 Oct 2013 £724 Minimum stay 3 nights
- 25 Oct 2013 - 20 Dec 2013 £495 Minimum stay 3 nights
- 20 Dec 2013 - 27 Dec 2013 £785 Minimum stay 7 nights