Coombe Farmhouse, Nr Looe, Nr LooeCottage in Cornwall
An ancient pretty farmhouse with many character features nestled in acres of Cornish farmland.
Coombe Farmhouse, Nr Looe
- Cot Available
- Games Room
- Internet Access
- Open Fire
- Swimming Pool
- Enclosed Garden
Coombe Farmhouse is situated in a secluded position on the Treworgey Farm near Looe. The Farm has a number of holiday cottages all of which have been renovated and decorated to a very high standard. The cottages also have the benefit of a wide range of facilities on the Farm including a swimming pool, tennis court, information room, riding stables and even catering facilities.
Treworgey Farm gives you the most luxurious holiday, with all the facilities, stunning cottages and beautiful surrounding farmland you never need the comfort of the farm!
The Farmhouse is an ancient house with many character features such as the Inglenook fireplace, beamed ceilings and small pane windows.
Visit England have awarded the cottages at Treworgey a 5 star gold rating.
The Cottage sleeps seven people (plus an infant) comfortably in four charming bedrooms.
- Double Bedroom – with king-size bed.
- En-suite Bathroom – with marble floored, WC, basin and shower.
- Sitting Room – is a charming beamed room with welcoming sofas and armchairs. Inglenook fireplace, freeview TV, DVD and CD player.
- Kitchen – is a large fully equipped farmhouse kitchen with a large table and under floor heating.
- Laundry Room and Porch
- Double Bedroom – with king-size bed
- Twin Bedroom – with two brass beds
- Single Bedroom – with single white cast bed.
- Family Bathroom – with luxurious roll top bath and a separate walk-in shower.
The Farmhouse has a sheltered sunny garden with roses climbing the farmhouse walls.
There is a communal outdoor swimming pool at Treworgey which is heated and open during the summer months. Around the pool there are sun loungers and tables from which to take in the stunning views. Younger children are catered for with a paddling pool and playpen. Ice cream is also available from our honesty-box freezer.
Younger children can also enjoy the two playrooms at the Farm, at the playrooms there are a selection of toys and table tennis. There is also an indoor sandy area which can be used for volleyball or badminton, while younger members of the family can use it as a huge sand pit using our buckets and spades. Finally there is an outdoor playground which has a climbing frame, swing, slide and ropes, sandpit and a Wendy House.
There is also a hard surfaced Tennis courts with beautiful views for guests to enjoy, rackets and balls can be borrowed from the Information Room.
All the cottages on the Farm have Wi-Fi access, the guest computer in the Information Room also has internet access but please note that the connection operates at rural speeds!
Nearby Points of Interest
Looe is just 3 miles away and is a quaint Cornish fishing town with a selection of independent shops, restaurants, beaches and small boats for hire.
Polperro is a Cornish fishing village 6 miles away, approaching the village from the National Trust coastal path allows you take in the best views of the village.
8 miles away is the popular tourist town of Fowey. The town is classically Cornish with many independent shops, interesting restaurants, winding streets and a harbour.
The Eden Project is only 30 - 40 minutes drive from the Farm and makes an excellent day out.
Within an hour’s drive of the farm are several stately homes and gardens including the Lost Gardens of Helligan (45 mins), Lanhydrock (25 Mins) and Cotehele (45 mins).
The Farmhouse is set in 150 acres of farmland offering numerous walks to the guests on the farm through both farm and woodland.
The South West Coast Path can be seen on the horizon from the Farm. The path provides access to many beaches, coves and river walks.
Under an hour’s drive away is Bodmin Moor here you can find many further walks and outdoor activities.
The swimming pool at the Farm is closed during the winter months but the indoor pool at Liskeard (15 minutes) is a popular alternative.
The Farm has its very own licensed riding stables where lessons can be arranged in our all weather school. Both novice and experienced riders are welcome.
We pride ourselves on being as pet friendly as possible not only do we cater for dogs but also cats, rabbits, tortoise and even ponies.
To make our Cottages pet friendly we put washable throws on all sofas and arm chairs, these are then washed after each guest.
The 150 acres of farmland at the farm is yours to explore but as the farm is a working farm we ask that you keep dogs on their leads when you are close to any livestock and that you close any gates behind you. We ensure that at least one field is always empty and available for you to freely exercise your dog in.
Some dogs can become distressed when they are left alone in unfamiliar surroundings therefore we ask that you do not leave your dogs alone in our cottages.
There is an Information Room at the Farm where various facilities and information can be used. Some of the items available include DVDs, board games, sports equipment, tourist information and a computer with Wi-Fi internet access (with rural connection speeds).
There is also a local produce stall in the Information Room, where using the honesty box system you can purchase jams, chutneys, meat and vegetables. We can also arrange for a vegetable or meat box to be delivered for your stay.
On the Farm there is a catering company, Coombe Kitchen who can deliver delicious home-cooked meals and afternoon tea to your cottage door.
Coombe Farmhouse can sleep 7 people plus one infant.
The prices quoted includes heating, electricity, all linen and towels, logs and a welcome tray. We charge £21 for each dog due to the extra cleaning costs of washing all the throws on sofas and armchairs and giving the cottage an extra clean after pets have stayed.
At the time of booking half the rental charge is due, unless your holiday is more than 6 months away. The balance is then due 6 weeks before your holiday.
Short breaks are available during spring, autumn and winter.
Changeover day: Saturday
- 05 Jan 2013 - 19 Jan 2013 £603 Minimum stay 7 nights
- 19 Jan 2013 - 26 Jan 2013 £672 Minimum stay 7 nights
- 26 Jan 2013 - 02 Feb 2013 £683 Minimum stay 7 nights
- 02 Feb 2013 - 09 Feb 2013 £706 Minimum stay 7 nights
- 09 Feb 2013 - 16 Feb 2013 £717 Minimum stay 7 nights
- 16 Feb 2013 - 23 Feb 2013 £960 Minimum stay 7 nights
- 23 Feb 2013 - 02 Mar 2013 £713 Minimum stay 7 nights
- 02 Mar 2013 - 09 Mar 2013 £707 Minimum stay 7 nights
- 09 Mar 2013 - 16 Mar 2013 £767 Minimum stay 7 nights
- 16 Mar 2013 - 23 Mar 2013 £845 Minimum stay 7 nights
- 23 Mar 2013 - 30 Mar 2013 £898 Minimum stay 7 nights
- 30 Mar 2013 - 06 Apr 2013 £1573 Minimum stay 7 nights
- 06 Apr 2013 - 13 Apr 2013 £1635 Minimum stay 7 nights
- 13 Apr 2013 - 20 Apr 2013 £1024 Minimum stay 7 nights
- 20 Apr 2013 - 27 Apr 2013 £1056 Minimum stay 7 nights
- 27 Apr 2013 - 04 May 2013 £1077 Minimum stay 7 nights
- 04 May 2013 - 11 May 2013 £1099 Minimum stay 7 nights
- 11 May 2013 - 18 May 2013 £1237 Minimum stay 7 nights
- 18 May 2013 - 25 May 2013 £1399 Minimum stay 7 nights
- 25 May 2013 - 01 Jun 2013 £2077 Minimum stay 7 nights
- 01 Jun 2013 - 08 Jun 2013 £1605 Minimum stay 7 nights
- 08 Jun 2013 - 15 Jun 2013 £1604 Minimum stay 7 nights
- 15 Jun 2013 - 22 Jun 2013 £1789 Minimum stay 7 nights
- 22 Jun 2013 - 29 Jun 2013 £2040 Minimum stay 7 nights
- 29 Jun 2013 - 06 Jul 2013 £2269 Minimum stay 7 nights
- 06 Jul 2013 - 13 Jul 2013 £2430 Minimum stay 7 nights
- 13 Jul 2013 - 20 Jul 2013 £2676 Minimum stay 7 nights
- 20 Jul 2013 - 27 Jul 2013 £2797 Minimum stay 7 nights
- 27 Jul 2013 - 24 Aug 2013 £2838 Minimum stay 7 nights
- 24 Aug 2013 - 31 Aug 2013 £2697 Minimum stay 7 nights
- 31 Aug 2013 - 07 Sep 2013 £1610 Minimum stay 7 nights
- 07 Sep 2013 - 14 Sep 2013 £1316 Minimum stay 7 nights
- 14 Sep 2013 - 21 Sep 2013 £1111 Minimum stay 7 nights
- 21 Sep 2013 - 28 Sep 2013 £998 Minimum stay 7 nights
- 28 Sep 2013 - 05 Oct 2013 £907 Minimum stay 7 nights
- 05 Oct 2013 - 12 Oct 2013 £882 Minimum stay 7 nights
- 12 Oct 2013 - 19 Oct 2013 £1026 Minimum stay 7 nights
- 19 Oct 2013 - 26 Oct 2013 £1360 Minimum stay 7 nights
- 26 Oct 2013 - 12 Dec 2013 £710 Minimum stay 7 nights