Treyarnon, Mawgan Porth, Mawgan PorthCottage in Cornwall
A beautifully presented dog and baby friendly converted barn within walking distance of one of the best beaches in Cornwall.
Treyarnon, Mawgan Porth
- Close to Pub
- Cot Available
- Open Fire
- Enclosed Garden
Treyarnon is a four star gold rated three bedroom barn conversion with lots of character and a modern cosy feel.
It is situated on Merlin Farm a beautifully secluded farm surrounded by lovely countryside and within walking distance of one of the best surfing spots in Cornwall, Mawgan Porth Beach. The Farm Cottages have been awarded "one of the top 50 Best British Escapes" by The Independent.
Merlin Farm has a brilliant situation enabling you to easily enjoy many Cornish highlights, one highlight is the expansive beach of Watergate Bay which is within walking distance. The bay has many water sports available along with a number of eateries including Jamie Oliver’s Fifteen restaurant. Padstow is also a short distance away offering a vast array of eateries and independent shops as well as the famous restaurant, cafe and bistros of Rick Stein.
The barn has 3 bedrooms making it ideal for families holidaying together or three couples.
The ground floor
- Kitchen/Diner – which is well equipped with a fridge-freezer, dishwasher, microwave & double oven as well as a washer/dryer & ironing facilities.
- Wetroom bathroom - with a bath & shower.
- Twin bedroom – with two single brass beds.
- Double bedroom – with a double brass bed.
The first floor
- Lounge - The vaulted lounge has a TV/DVD player a log burning stove and large sofas and chairs.
- Master double bedroom – with double brass bed
- En suite Bathroom – with a luxurious shower unit and toilet
For your convenience all bathrooms have shaving mirrors and points while all bedrooms are supplied with hairdryers and TV and DVD players.
There is a fully enclosed gravelled area with a picnic bench overlooking the surrounding countryside.
Nearby Points of Interest
Mawgan Porth Beach – The beach is approx a 15 minute walk away along a wooden track and public footpath. The Beach has been awarded the 6th top European beach by The Times.
Watergate Bay – Is 2.4 miles from Merlin Farm. It’s a very large beach with numerous sea sport activities taking place there. It is also the home of Jamie Oliver’s popular Fifteen restaurant.
Newquay – The lively town of Newquay is 5.6 miles away from the Farm. It has a popular beach and many shops and lively bars and restaurants.
Padstow - Is 8.3 miles away. It is a classic bustling Cornish fishing village with numerous independent shops and restaurants as well as being home to Rick Stein’s famous restaurant, bistro and cafe.
Kingsurf – Is Mawgan Porth Beach’s very own Surf School, receiving rave reviews on Trip Advisor . It provides a range of lessons for all abilities.
Exteme Academy – For those of you who enjoy a bit of adrenaline on your holiday Extreme Academy at Watergate Bay is great fun. Here you can learn to Kite Surf and master Traction Kiting.
Segway – This can be done at both Newquay and Helston and is open to most ages and abilities.
The Eden Project – Is 18.6 miles from the Farm and is the most popular tourist attraction in the area with its indoor rainforest and frequent events. There is also a Skywire giving you a truly unique experience of the centre.
Outdoor Laser Tagging - Big Dunks at Delabole has the latest digital equipment and a range of up to an impressive 400 yards.
Karting : 5 minutes drive away is the St. Eval Kart Racing Circuit. There is a 1.2km race and caters for anyone over 7 years.
Horse Riding : Reen Manor at Perranporth offer an extensive range of treks from 1 hour rides to half day pub rides.
Coasteering : For a mix of rock climbing and scrambling Hotrocks can help you explore some of the huge Cornish sea cliffs.
Old Macdonalds Farm – Is a small family run farm park. Younger members of the family especially enjoy a trip here.
Crealy Adventure Park – Is Cornwall’s largest theme park with farm animals, adventure playground, mazes and fairground rides.
Blue Reef Aquarium – The Aquarium in Newquay has everything from sharks to seahorses.
Newquay Zoo – There are over 130 species at the award winning Newquay Zoo providing the perfect day for all the family.
Lappa Valley – Is a charming leisure park reached by a 2-mile steam train journey. There are paddle boats, canoes, 2 miniature railways, crazy golf, maze, woodland walks and play area.
The Park – A short walk from the Farm is 'The Park' which is a Holiday Park with a a lovely Café and a great little pool, kids £2.50, adults £5.
Walking – There are many great walks around the coastal paths in Cornwall. From your door there are walks to Watergate Bay, Padstow, Carnewas and Constantine.
Golf – There are numerous golf courses accessible from the Farm. The closest are at Merlin, Treloy and Trevose.
National Trust Properties – Cornwall is blessed with some wonderful National Trust Properties. Within easy travelling distance of the Farm is Lanhydrock and Trerice.
Dogs are very welcome at our cottages except for the period between 26th July and 30th August.
We do ask that dogs are not left alone in our cottages as they can become distressed in unfamiliar surroundings and that you ensure that you clean up any dog mess (using the eco dog poo composter). Because of the other dogs and wildlife at the farm we’d be grateful if you could keep dogs on a lead around the farm and make sure that they are up to date with their inoculations.
Because the cottages are also let to holiday makers without dogs we’d be grateful if you could not let your dog onto the beds and sofa’s.
Because we can sympathise with the amount of equipment you need to pack for Children and Babies we have supplied the cottage with child friendly items such as a travel cot, highchair, fireguard, stairgates, baby bath, changing mat and Plastic cutlery, cups, plates and bowls. The Farm is a great place for children as they can visit Horace the Donkey and the Horses as well as play in the communal play area.
Prices included all bedding and towels (except beach towels).
Dogs are charged at £20 per stay. No dogs under 12 months please.
Dogs are very welcome at our cottages except during the time of 26th July and 30th August.
Discounts of between 10-15% are available for low occupancy.
We request a 25% deposit to secure the booking and a refundable £100 security deposit.
Changeover day: Friday
- 12 Apr 2013 - 24 May 2013 £800 Minimum stay 7 nights
- 24 May 2013 - 31 May 2013 £1500 Minimum stay 7 nights
- 31 May 2013 - 28 Jun 2013 £1000 Minimum stay 7 nights
- 28 Jun 2013 - 12 Jul 2013 £1100 Minimum stay 7 nights
- 12 Jul 2013 - 26 Jul 2013 £1300 Minimum stay 7 nights
- 26 Jul 2013 - 30 Aug 2013 £1600 Minimum stay 7 nights
- 30 Aug 2013 - 06 Sep 2013 £1300 Minimum stay 7 nights
- 06 Sep 2013 - 27 Sep 2013 £1000 Minimum stay 7 nights
- 27 Sep 2013 - 25 Oct 2013 £800 Minimum stay 7 nights
- 25 Oct 2013 - 01 Nov 2013 £1300 Minimum stay 7 nights
- 01 Nov 2013 - 20 Dec 2013 £700 Minimum stay 7 nights
- 20 Dec 2013 - 03 Jan 2014 £1400 Minimum stay 7 nights
- 03 Jan 2014 - 14 Feb 2014 £700 Minimum stay 7 nights
- 14 Feb 2014 - 21 Feb 2014 £825 Minimum stay 7 nights
- 21 Feb 2014 - 04 Apr 2014 £700 Minimum stay 7 nights
- 04 Apr 2014 - 25 Apr 2014 £1249 Minimum stay 7 nights
- 25 Apr 2014 - 23 May 2014 £795 Minimum stay 7 nights
- 23 May 2014 - 30 May 2014 £1549 Minimum stay 7 nights
- 30 May 2014 - 11 Jul 2014 £1195 Minimum stay 7 nights
- 11 Jul 2014 - 25 Jul 2014 £1349 Minimum stay 7 nights
- 25 Jul 2014 - 29 Aug 2014 £1695 Minimum stay 7 nights
- 29 Aug 2014 - 05 Sep 2014 £1349 Minimum stay 7 nights